There’s definitely a large variety of male groups in the K-pop industry right now, and as new groups rise up in popularity, others might take a hit.Because of so many new rising groups, netizens discussed on Pann which groups they felt were becoming popular among fans, and likewise who’s lost popularity in exchange In addition to lists, the original post also included when their fall or rise started. A translation of the original post can be found below:
Groups that are falling:
1. TEEN TOP: they started losing popularity after “Rocking.”
2. B1A4: after “Goodnight,” “Tried To Walk,” and “What’s Happening”
3. 2PM: “My House” was a complete flop
4. Super Junior: they’ve lost A LOT of popularity
5. Boyfriend: they received a lot of attention during their debut, but not anymore
Groups that are rising:
1. Seventeen: they’re quite popular
2. BTS: they’ve had increased recognition, and they have big domestic and international fan bases.
3. BTOB: they were quite ambiguous until Sungjae starred in Who Are You: School 2015.
4. GOT7: they have quite a big fandom
Koreaboo has collected reactions from Netizens who commented on the original article from our Korean source. The below comments are the most popular comments at the time of this article being published.