EDEN is a songwriter and producer at KQ Entertainment, the label that formed ATEEZ, as well as a performer of his own music. He has been in the industry for quite a while and has built up a respected reputation as a talented and hard-working producer, and given how great ATEEZ’s discography has been from the beginning of their career, it’s clear that he was a perfect fit for the group! Here are 10 pieces of evidence that prove he and ATEEZ were meant to work together, and that he’s a wonderful role model and inspiration for the members.
1. He knows how to support and encourage each member to their own individual potentials.
what i appreciate most about eden is how he’s always understood how to mentor ateez. while he’s strict with some, he easily recognises how to uncover their potential. i love how he let mingi have liberty over his rap and had faith in him even predebut 🥺 pic.twitter.com/P7ANN83zac
— hj의 친구 (@bluyu_u) August 25, 2021
2. His relationship and mentorship with Hongjoong is particularly close and supportive, and it’s endearing to see.
On their debut days, Eden would say to Hongjoong “Make these kind of songs, it can be songs for ATEEZ” but now Eden would say to Hongjoong to make the kind of songs he wants ATEEZ to have. pic.twitter.com/G5NlbKbWYz
— ㅡ (@bykhjoong) June 23, 2021
Eden is saying in really high praises about how “hongjoong practices INSANELY hard and he doesn’t sleep at all. he keeps improving. he can win anyone over with his effort” and said he thinks hongjoong is so cool#ateez #에이티즈 @ATEEZofficial
— Skyva ⚓︎ (@alwaysteez) June 16, 2021
3. Even older K-Pop artists in the industry already knew about EDEN’s skills and anticipated ATEEZ’s brilliance with him helping them behind the scenes!
btob minhyuk said that bc he knew that ateez is produced by Eden he already anticipated them alot and had affection for them,, and now he says “as expected there’s a reason ateez are loved so much” ☹️❤️pic.twitter.com/XN0p3RlU5q
— Skyva ⚓︎ (@alwaysteez) June 1, 2021
4. Outside of just their music career, he supports the boys in their lives and health as well!
Eden calls ATEEZ “our kids” and he said that these days “our kids” have fallen in love with healthy hobbies like cycling, tennis, and video games.
🥺🥺🥺 so cute https://t.co/nNUXqEMvk0
— ㅡ (@bykhjoong) June 22, 2021
5. He has sacrificed so much to support the members of ATEEZ, and it’s wonderful to see his efforts paying off with the group’s success!
thinking about when atz were trainees, they didn’t even have proper clothes for evaluation so eden lent them his own clothes and even bought them new shoes. despite being a well known songwriter he took them under his wing and moulded them into the idols they are today :,)#ateez pic.twitter.com/TAQznipZNo
— 민기의 ☀︎⁷ ATZ CB ERA (@yuri8__) August 9, 2021
6. Thanks to him and the other managers, producers, and staff at KQ Entertainment, ATINYs are truly spoiled with the amount of content we’ve been getting!
no because at this point, we’re SPOILED SPOILED atinys. superstar ateez, collab after a collab, and eden confirming a comeback soon. we better get ourselves together.
— A🍷 (@slysannie) August 19, 2021
7. He made sure that ATEEZ’s participation on Kingdom: Legendary War was nothing short of breathtaking with every single performance.
i appreciate what eden did for ateez with kd i think he rlly worked hard to guide hongjoong with the stage mixes and he understands the storyline the boys wanted to show the fans rlly well
— ً💤💭 (@tzjyh) June 16, 2021
8. He really lets the members tell their own stories in the music they produce, which makes their songs sound extremely personal and genuine.
210616 NAVER NOW 야간작업실
Eden said the story that ATEEZ say by music is based on the true ATEEZ experience or environment in which ATEEZ grow up. They do interview about it. They adapt it and put some of it to the storyline and express it in music.
— 성화토끼 (@sh_O403) June 16, 2021
9. While it’s sad he used to have this kind of mindset, it makes sense why every one of ATEEZ’s B-sides are hits on their own!
When Eden was asked why most ateez songs r wasted as bsides & not title tracks. He said we produce every album with the fear that it’s going to be our last so we give it our best not to hv regrets later
Voting, sales, awards is wat keeps groups going especially small company grs
— Kadie⁸ ATEEZ CB D-18 (@ateez_pop) November 26, 2020
10. It’s hard to imagine all the work and energy that went into their upcoming album, ZERO: FEVER Part.3, especially hearing how difficult it was for this hard-working producer.
eden said this was the hardest album to make. all members keep hyping it up, the title tracks and bsides, wooyo said it fits him really well, yeo said they prepared everything for us. if u can, let’s work even harder to give back to them and give them the success they deserve
— sara⚓︎ ATEEZ CB D-19 (@HONGSMINGI) August 25, 2021
If you aren’t familiar with EDEN’s own music already, check out his music video below!
And while you’re at it, make sure to support ATEEZ’s recent collaborations with Kim Jong Kook and PENTATONIX ahead of their upcoming comeback, which will be out on September 13.