AKMU‘s Suhyun is making headlines for her mature response to a malicious comment. The singer recently uploaded an Instagram story calling out a hater for their venomous comment that was shared in an effort to hurt Suhyun. Instead of letting it get to her, however, the AKMU singer decided to use the opportunity to share love with the person responsible for the hateful words.
Suhyun uploaded this photo onto her Instagram account with a detailed message to the person responsible for the hurtful comment. The hater wrote, “Suhyun, the ugly ahjumma. Stop pretending to be so smug and f*ck off.” As a response, this is what Suhyun said:
Usually, I ignore these types of comments. This person seems so young though that it makes me sad..I don’t know if it’s because they believe I won’t see it or if it’s because they hope that I do see it, but I hope you know that we see more than you think. Thankfully, I’m the type that can easily ignore these things, but there are so so many people who aren’t like that.
While you may currently be wielding a baseball bat, if you continue to wield it for too long, the edge itself will turn into a knife. If you were saying these words because you genuinely hated me, I would understand and I would be able to get over it. But if this comment is something you just said in passing, please don’t do it anymore. It’s because you are too precious to become a person like that!!
— AKMU’s Suhyun @akmu_suhyun/Instagram
Upon reading her beautiful response to an otherwise hateful situation, netizens reacted with admiration for the singer as they poured out their support for her loving “clap back.”
- “Suhyun is such an adult.”
- “Suhyun-ahㅠㅠㅠㅠㅠㅠㅠㅠㅠㅠㅠㅠㅠㅠㅠㅠㅠㅠㅠ you shared your kind heart with a human who doesn’t deserve it….ㅜㅠㅠㅠ”
- “Why is Suhyun so kind…”
- “Suhyun-ah ㅠㅠㅠㅠㅠ”
- “If I was the person behind that malicious comment, I’d hide in embarrassment…Suhyun’s mind is amazing for real. It’s even cooler because she’s successful.”
- “You can tell it’s a young kid just by looking at their account…Suhyun-ahㅜㅜ”
- “Wow Suhyun is such an adultㅠㅠㅠㅠ if it was me, I’d probably say something like ‘do you want a red line (prison reference) at such a young age’…Suhyun is such a thoughtful person.”
- “I hope that the child responsible for the hateful comment will read the response and feel somewhat embarrassed.”
She handled that with so much maturity and grace. What a beautiful way to respond to such a hateful comment!