It’s been over 10 years since figure skating reality show Kim Yuna’s Kiss And Cry aired but fans still can’t get over this adorable pair. Olympic figure skater Cha Jun Hwan and Penthouse actress Jin Ji Hee were once the maknae duo on the show. They were both in elementary school when the show aired. As Cha Jun Hwan’s popularity rose after the 2022 Beijing Olympics, his appearance went viral.
It was previously reported that the two were set to appear on Running Man together! It would be the first time in 11 years that the pair will meet in person. While the actual broadcast will air on March 13, 2022, a special behind-the-scenes interview clip was released on March 9, 2022.
How did Jun Hwan react to seeing his noona for the first time in 11 years? He was all smiles of course! He was very happy to have reunited with Jin Ji Hee through Running Man and thanked the show for the opportunity.
He thought that the appearance was made more enjoyable by her presence.
The two even got closer through the show and promised to drop the formalities with each other from then on.
Firstly, it’s the first time I’m meeting Ji Hee noona in 11 years, and she’s also an actress I have been cheering on and also I’m happy to have been able to have been able to come on to Running Man. It was also made fun because of Ji Hee noona.
— Cha Jun Hwan
Jin Ji Hee also felt that they became closer through the show and was thankful for the opportunity! Netizens couldn’t get enough of this pair.
- “I can’t stop smiling seeing the two get close. It’s so great to see.”
- “There’s nothing better for healing than to see Cha Jun Hwan who appeared when I was getting sick of COVID-19”
- “Cha Jun Hwan’s smile is so heart-fluttering. He’s so cool””
- “It’s so cute that they both grew up exactly like their young selves LOL I love their reunion.”
- “They don’t seem to match but also do at the same time, it’s so cute. Seems like time went by backwards. They both didn’t age. They say people match better the more they don’t get along, I love their chemistry.”
- “Cha Jun Hwan and Jin Ji Hee were so cute when they were young and now they’re lovable and cute too. They both grew up really really well.”
Check out their adorable interview below.