KBS2 drama Orange Marmalade had its premiere airing on May 15th, and unfortunately, its ratings were not as high as expected.
According to Nielsen Korea on the 16th, the first and second episode of the drama reached 4.2% and 3.3% respectively for an average
Orange Marmalade is about a love story between a vampire and human, AOA‘s Seolhyun playing the vampire Baek Ma Ri and actor Yeo Jin Goo as the human who hates vampires, Jung Jae Min. The drama is also based off a popular manhwa, or Korean comics.
In the same time slot, MBC‘s I Live Alone took first place with 9.4% and SBS‘ Burning Youth recorded at 5.1%.
Despite the poor ratings, netizens shared their appreciation for the drama over Producers which also had its premiere pilot on the same day.
1. [+2831, -243] Yeo Jin Goo is so handsome..that is all ㅠ
2. [+2785, -260] Their chemistry is good, the kissing neck and shower scenes was hilarious ㅋㅋ
3. [+2032, -270] Personally, I think it’s better than Producer
4. [+2242, -744] Seolhyun’s so pretty
5. [+376, -47] Watching this after Producer makes me like this..